Thursday, June 6, 2019

Whatever Happened to Title IX?


As I enter my golden years of life, I often think back fondly on my earlier days when I was a teen in high school, through the Air Force, and on into college when I was a very active athlete from 17 to 27 years old.

In high school I competed in both cross-country and track as a long distance runner who worked hard to become the league champion in both sports of the small league my school was in. Just after graduating, Title IX was enacted across the country which opened athletics to females who had, up to that point, been excluded from participation in most high school sports.

It's been a very satisfying experience as an educator to see over my lifetime how female athletes have become such a fantastic addition to the experience of young students being able to develop as leaders as they grew into young adults. However, that now has all changed.

What is it that has changed? The liberal/leftist recent pressuring that a small minority of people be allowed to participate in athletics where they clearly have an advantage; transgendered males. To better understand what the issue is here, I invite my readers to watch this eight minute video of one Connecticut athlete who's future as a high school athlete is being ruined because of this very thing.

If such a thing happened to me when I was in high school I would have been absolutely infuriated, had I been a female. So, here's my question I posed in the title of this post: Whatever happened to the ideal that Title IX was supposed to help advance females? Don't the liberal/leftists even care anymore about feminism? Apparently not!

No comments:

Post a Comment