Friday, April 27, 2018

Girls Now Joining Boy Scouts?

As a Star Scout myself, I'm infuriated that the left has been successful in once again destroying things that work, as Charlie Kirk of Turning Point says.

Looking back on those days as a scout in my developing years, I now realize just how significant of an experience it was in forming my character and worldview. 

I can't imagine what it will be like for current scouts to have the intrusion of girls in their midst. And I'm a father of two daughters who provided them with opportunities to engage in what they wanted to do while growing up.

Laura Ingraham's nightly show, The Ingraham Angle, had Charlie Kirk, an Eagle Scout, on her show just yesterday to talk to the fact that girls are now joining the ranks of the Boy Scouts and was asking him why he feels this is not a good thing for the future of American culture.

I urge my readers to watch this segment, even if they've already watched it live when it aired, and think carefully about what's being done to an organization which is over 100 years old and has generated many great leaders during that time.

Here are a few links with alternative views on the topic:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/03/girls-can-join-the-boy-scouts-but-girl-scouts-is-way-better.html 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/us/boy-scouts-will-allow-girls-to-join/index.html 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/why-did-the-boy-scouts-decide-to-accept-girls/542769/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment