Saturday, January 26, 2019

What We Aren't Being Told About the Impact of Marijuana Use

As my e-friend stated in sharing this article with me, "Best article I have ever seen on the links between Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence." I was pleased to see that someone with credentials is providing significant data about the connections we are only now beginning to learn regarding marijuana use more recently.

As a high school student in the late '60s amidst the "cultural revolution" of that period, and an older brother who influence me to experiment with drugs at that point in my life, I can personally testify to the validity of what this author speaks to in this article. He is spot on. Naturally, he started me out on marijuana and it started out as very occasionally. Over the last few years of school, he introduced me at parties to more serious stuff. It was after I'd graduated from high school that I personally had to come to terms with my gradual increased and more frequent use of more dangerous drugs. 

Fortunately for me, it proved to be the best decision I ever made in impacting my life's future, and I've never touched anything since then. Unfortunately for my brother, it ultimately was his undoing. He was killed by a gang member as a peripheral outcome of his long-term use during his attempt to rehabilitate himself from his addiction to "Crack".

During my teaching career I used to have a couple weeks lessons in the '80s that would speak to these issues, but it seems that the pro-marijuana faction has successfully managed to get it removed from public schools over time. It went away in the '90s or early 2000s.

I urge anyone reading this article to share it with others who may find it informative and, who knows, might result in saving someone's life in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. Our family had a long term waltz with death with one of our daughters. Her Meth addiction was a nightmare for nine long years. With a mother's love and sisters support and faith in her, our lost sheep did at last find her way to health and a normal life. We couldn't be more proud of her. Please understand, it all started with marijuana.

    ReplyDelete