Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Parenting Is Hard?

I laughed when I got an email from my Cable/Internet Service Provider advertising their latest technological feature for customers using their cable service. Why? Because the beginning graphic on the video of a crying child says, "Parenting Is Hard..."

Really? So, their implied solution is that all you have to do now to make your crying child happy is just grab your remote and speak into it what you need to have on the flat screen and "voila!" the problem is solved, the kids are happy, and boy, isn't that feature just wonderful!

So, how did we ever do parenting before this technological capability came along? After raising two daughters in the mid-eighties and nineties, I feel so cheated now that my cable provider has made parenting less stressful! Wow! How did any parent survive before this came along? If I'd have known this was going to come along later, I would've waited to have kids until now!

And to think that the paid employees who cooked up this advertising concept are most likely millennials who are pulling down at least a six figure salary that helps pay for their household "Nanny"! Yep, parenting sure is hard. And oh, in case you haven't gotten the memo...

No comments:

Post a Comment