Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Keeping My Sanity


With the latest Twitter rant by the liberal/leftists, I'm doing my best to keep my sanity by reciting the Serenity Prayer. It goes like this:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
While this has been a prayer for recovering alcoholics, it helps me keep perspective about the craziness today's liberals are exercising. (I also am wondering if there's any significance to the year Niebuhr passed away and the date mentioned for the interview referred to in the link I'm providing here.)

They're now attacking dead people's views!

As you'll discover when you use the link to MRCTV's article about the latest Twitter issue the liberals are fomenting about, their insanity has gone over "the edge." As with most things happening today in our world, it's becoming obvious to me, and I believe you'll agree, the extremist views of the liberals/leftists are certainly beyond the pale.

It is my conviction that the reason these AOC types are reacting to insensitive comments today like they are is because they've been over protected by their parents with an ideology which has created it. Here's what I shared with a friend via an email I sent in response to his amazement about a situation down in his area:
The reason 16 - 18 year olds aren't mature enough to not run out in front of a vehicle and get run over is because they've been coddled and sheltered by both "helicopter" and "lawnmower" mom's* all their lives; no consequences for their stupid or dangerous behavior since birth!

* Helicopter moms = Those who hover over them to keep them from learning that natural consequence of stupid acts or decisions.
* Lawnmower moms = Those who cut down all resistance, obstacles, or difficulties, to their learning the work ethic necessary to succeed in a competitive world.

P.S. Most of these types of moms don't realize the damage they're doing to their progeny, then wonder why they continue to live in the basement into their 30s or 40s.
 It makes one wonder where we're headed!

No comments:

Post a Comment