Saturday, December 14, 2019

Today's Obsession With Youth

I've personally given up on watching much television. If I do watch something, it's a source that I know I can rely on for a large degree of maturity and accuracy on what's being presented. Otherwise, I see it as a waste of time in which I could be doing something productive and of value.

Why? Today's cable channel line up - with its hundreds of shows of absolutely little to no value - is a parade of Jerry Springer style content, or mindless infatuation with an adolescent attitude of the world. This article about Greta Thunberg being crowned by Time magazine as the person of the year illustrates my point perfectly.

I don't believe I have to point out to the reader how technology has clearly shifted society's focus away from personal connectedness to one of threat and intimidation via Twitter or some other social media communication. Freedom of thought no longer prevails. 

The media's focus trending towards anyone under twenty today has been gradually intensifying to the point of insanity. This phenomenon causes me to wonder if this is the way in which the world eventually spirals into the abyss of self-destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment